A number of features found in KDE 3's Konsole have not been implemented to acceptable standards yet and the UI for them has been removed. Konsole/KDE 4.0 will not have:
- Session management (ie. remembering the tabs open in Konsole windows when logging out)
- Sending input from one tab to all other tabs ("Send Input to All")
- Support for terminal programs resizing the terminal window
- Profiles, including the default profile, are shared with the main Konsole application. They can be manipulated in the embedded terminal via 'Manage Profiles', 'Edit Current Profile' and 'Change Profile' on the context menu.
- Save output as plain text or HTML
- Scrollback options and clearing